Thursday 18 July 2013

Custom Camera Case

After finally getting my new camera, I realised I would need a case for it! But of course I don't want to carry around a camera bag as well as a handbag so I opted to buy a small camera case that I could then put in my handbag.

I found a cheap one on eBay that was plain black and would fit in my handbag along with all of my other necessities... but I got this one with Canon EOS written on it!


For the price I paid, I quickly got over it and decided I might as well see if acrylic paint lasts on a camera case as well as it lasted on my stone mushroom (which is still going strong in my garden).

So I painted that front section blue, which means I no longer have a Sony camera in a Canon case. I wasn't expecting it to turn out that well, but I have to say it actually looks good! I painted it the same way I would if I was stenciling - brushing the paint on just moved it all around the vinyl (I think it is vinyl). It took quite a few layers to get the coverage I needed.


So far the paint is holding up well, if it stays nice I plan on painting flowers on it similar to my blog banner. The blue paint has to last for a couple of months worth of general wear and tear before I decide to put in the time and effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment