Friday 1 June 2012

A time consuming wedding gift

When Suki died I was in the middle of working on a wedding gift for my sister in law as her wedding present. I had a deadline though which meant I eventually got it done over a few days so everyone could sign their names at the wedding reception.

Now I don't know if I have mentioned this, but I hate painting! For some reason I am just no good at keeping a paintbrush steady. Making this signature tree definitely tested my patience and my husband has heard me say numerous times - NEVER AGAIN! Originally I created the tree and birds on the computer, with the idea that I would get it printed and frame it. But my SIL wanted silver leaves...

I chose to create stencils out of contact paper and where necessary I just touched up the edges with my paintbrush. Doing it this way meant I didn't need to worry about mistakes while doing the coverage coats and I only had to do the edge once. The actual painting time was quick, it just took awhile to create the stencils!

I'm glad it worked and I will be using this method again if I ever have an annoying painting project!

Oh and there were no issues with peeling the stencil off after the paint was dry.


I am extremely happy with how it turned out, but boy was it hard to force myself to do the one craft I hate when I was so upset!

No comments:

Post a Comment