Sunday 24 June 2012

Currently Working On...

My big project that I am working on at the moment is one of the cross stitch kits I bought before we even had our first house.

The finished size of this piece is 40cm wide by 88cm high - way bigger than any cross stitch I have ever started! I'm used to doing little pieces so I have no idea why I thought it would be a good decision to buy two kits this size.

As it was so intimidating I started the flowers, quickly got over it and put it away for a few years. After getting it out again I opted to focus on the bottom half, completing one colour at a time and as you can see, so far so good...


I found it took me ages to find my place again whenever I came back to work on it so I made myself a grid with pink thread. It means I find my spot quicker and it makes it easier to check and ensure I haven't made any mistakes.

Hopefully once I finish this cherry blossom one I will promptly get started on my bamboo one! Then I can try my hand at making matching frames for them...

No comments:

Post a Comment