Friday 30 March 2012

RIP Suki

On Tuesday I took my cat Suki to the vet to get her teeth cleaned. The thought never crossed my mind that it would be the last time I saw her. She only turned three last month. 

She was my first pet that was truly mine, I picked her as a tiny kitten, everything for her is in my name, I made all the decisions for her, she was my little baby. As soon as I saw the photo of her on the RSPCA site I had to have her. We drove all the way to get her and arrived early to wait for the kittens to be dropped off. We took home this scrawny little kitten, who loved to be cuddled and turned out to be food aggressive! She loved her food, which was totally obvious when you saw her tubby belly. Even though she was fat, she jumped, climbed and ran around like the kitten she still was. She loved to snuggle under the blankets and would stay with me for hours if I felt sick. As she got older she became more scared of other people, and with most visitors she would run and hide when she saw them walking to our door. If it was us coming home she knew, and she would be waiting at the door so she could sneak outside. 

I really miss my little girl and wish I had not taken her to get her teeth cleaned that day.

"It is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."

Please excuse my absence from my blog and my 365 day challenge, my creativity has disappeared, as has my motivation to do anything other than what I have to. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm sorry about the loss. That must have been painful. But don't be guilty, you only wanted to do that for her sake. Just live the happy memories you had with her. She must have had her best days under your care. :)

    ~Lisha


    p.s. I found you through Lori's blog at bleak2unique. I'm your newest linky follower! if you want you can linky follow me back at onehouseonecouple.blogzam.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisha for your lovely comment. I'm following you on linky now as well and have started reading your blog!

      Delete